Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Uni
State
NEW YORK
City
Glen Cove
The past week has been very stressful and I am hoping I could get some relief and answers prior to seeing the neurologist this week.*

This past Monday while sitting I had a sharp cramp on my inner thigh halfway down the groin. *It only bothered me for the next 24 hours when sitting or laying down. * On Tuesday the same exact pain then went to the right leg in the same area with some muscle tightness. Now both hurting. *Wednesday morning I woke up in the middle of the night with a throbbing behind the knee. Wednesday afternoon I got a quick pins and needs down my right arm and decide to go to the hospital. *The hospital ruled out DVT and my blood test were normal and they said to follow up with a nuroelogist. *Thursday and Friday I never noticed anything until Friday night when I got A tightness burning in my calf which has resulting in twitching up until today. 48 hours later now when I walk I have the twitching and tightness in the calf muscle. The twitching has been non stop with roughly 20 per minutes. That I can see and feel. It hurts when stepping on my big toe like a tightness in my calf. But when just sitting down or laying down the twitching/ spams are in the calf. No pain just discomfort because I can feel the spams. . *Some twitching has occurred very rarely through my inner left thigh and over my heart chest. I am going to a nuero this week but if anyone has any insight it would be a great help

You didn't mention weakness, report a lot of sensory symptoms, so nothing sounds like ALS.

Your neurologist will figure it out.

Concur with Kim.

No ALS here, move along... :)

Best suggestion...

Copy and print your post, let him/her review it so you don't forget any of the symptoms you have posted.

Good luck... I'm sure it will be for you.

UPDATE-

This past Monday I went to neurologist who scheduled me for a lower EMG. The calf was only twitching at this time with cramps. Tuesday I began to have right side of my cheekbones/ jaw numbness which then had right shoulder stiffened This led to certain times of my right arm having a burning sensation down to the wrist. I have also had continuous twitching to the right calf and sporadic twitches occurring on occasion of stress to left calf, left shoulder blade and right quad. There has been a fear is that when relaxing and sitting I can’t keep to notice what hurts and what bothers me. I feel everything. Today my right arm/right side of face feel numb, heavy and stiff. I am deep fear of how this has spread over two weeks Also the amount of axiety this has caused. I have been to the point of tears on multple nights.

The reason I bring up these symptoms is because I am not sure how rapid a condition like this can be within the two weeks I have had symptoms. I apologize for anyone that this I am ranting. I have so much respect for what each person that is officially diagnosed with this terrible disease deals with each day.

None of this sounds like ALS, as all the people above have stated. Continue to work with your doctor to track down the source of your symptoms. Please come back after your emg and let us know what the neurologist digs up.

I have in schedule for Monday but it is only a lower emg as I did not have my upper symptoms until after my last appointment. Thank you and I will post the results

Again, if you will copy and print all you have posted here, so you don't forget anything, Bring it to your scheduled EMG... let them review it before they perform the EMG.

If you have... the highly educated, highly trained Neurologist has a reason to order a "lower EMG". ??

After the EMG, request a copy of the report. Then post the summary/conclusion of the report. (Last page - last paragraph).

I'd bet it will be good news that you don't have ALS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back