Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New York
City
Long Island
Hi I had posted last week about being curious about my symptoms. I have had several people tell me that I do not show symptoms of als but I am still full of doubt. My twitches are still there but there are longer periods of time that I don’t feel them for the passed week I suppose. The fear i have if from having a Hoffman sign in both hands. I showed three doctors. Two said they have never heard of that as a definitive diagnosis for any disease and one said that I shouldn’t be worried about it at all because I didn’t have hyper knee reflexes or ankle clonus. The doctor I saw was a general practice doctor and while I want to trust what she says, the internet is telling me otherwise. I continue to be able to do every day things but I am noticing I am clearing my throat a lot more than usual. Im just wondering if Hoffman’s actually means something is wrong despite having other wise normal reflexes. Out of curiosity I checked it on my sister in law and she had the same reaction I did except hers had thumb movement whereas mine is only a small tenting of my index finger. I know this forum is no substitute for a health care professional but I would really like some insight. I have had this sense of dread since February 21. I initially looked up als because I fell asleep and when I woke up I was biting my lip and it felt numb I know now that that is not a symptom but after I looked it up and saw that twitching was a symptom I suddenly started twitching when I tried to fall asleep at night and then it started happening when I was sitting down and now occasionally when I am standing still my butt will twitch. Like I said I have been to doctors and they all said I don’t need further testing and I have also called two neurologists office who said give it time. I just don’t know what to think at this point.

You were asked to not post again out of respect for the forum members, yet here you are. Your posting again, after being asked not to, shows an immense level of disrespect for terminally ill members and their caregivers. You should be ashamed of yourself; it's blatantly thumbing your nose at the moderator who closed your thread, as well as the members who have generously answered your questions.

Please find a new hobby to take up your time.

I’m sorry to post again but I have nobody to talk to about this.

You do not have ALS! Several doctors have affirmed this. We aren't going to tell you anything different. Dr. Google is very unreliable--you simply can not believe everything you read on the internet. If the doctors, who have examined you, do not see any reason for concern, then you need to figure out why you don't believe them and are turning to strangers who are actually dealing with a terminal illness instead. Please talk to your docs to address your anxiety and to determine what else might be causing your symptoms as it is NOT ALS.
Best wishes,
Tracy

Counselors are equipped to help you by listening and giving you feedback. There is nothing we can do to help you or convince you that you don't belong in a forum dedicated to dying people and their caregivers.

I recommend you see a counselor and your GP. Make a list of your concerns and work with them.

Please don't rely on strangers or Google to calm your fears or fuel them.

Anxietymom-

This thread has been closed. While we understand your struggle, this forum is not a replacement for medical attention or counseling. Please seek further help from your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back