Diagnosis
03/2018
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
I did EMG and Cervical Mri. My family doctor called said he received copies of my EMG results and they suspect ALS. I am scheduled to see the neurologist next week. I am so scared and worried. I have been experiencing week left leg started by drop foot then lost leg muscle. Last October noticed left hand atrophy and now very week grip and muscles wasted. Everything happening only left side. Only left leg and left hand muscles. No other symptoms. Do you think this is ALS..

Mod note- Kassem I have created a thread for you in the DIHALS subforum. You status says you are a family member of someone with ALS, but you are asking about yourself.

Please go to this post and read- it will give you lots of info: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/30138-getting-diagnosis.html

I also direct you here: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/gen...0260-second-opinions-first-clinic-visits.html

I am sorry you find yourself here. It sounds like you have had a worrying few months/weeks. I hope your appointment next week is informative and you will receive reassuring news.

Best

I am sorry. Of course you are scared after being told that.

Your symptoms are concerning and apparently so was your EMG. You don’t know yet whether your EMG really really looked like ALS or was suspicious but not fully consistent with ALS.

Either way there are mimics and I expect the neurologist will order more tests - blood and a brain MRI seem likely as well as examining you. I hope they find something else!

Please let us know how it goes. I know this was a terrible shock.

Hi Kassem,

I'm terribly sorry you find yourself here. I do hope your appointment next week goes well and that they do not suspect ALS. I will second what the others say in that your symptoms do sound concerning. Again, I hope some other issues are found and not ALS.

Please come back and let us know how your appointment goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back