Other
Country
GER
State
Bavaria
City
Munich
Hello there,

I first want to tell you that I feel highly sorry for all of you who have been diagnostised with this terrible desease. Especially for the people like me, who ask stupid questions to people who actually suffer from severe conditions.

But here is my story:

It all started 3 month ago. I had some problems with my digestive system and have had very often some of the meat come back of my throat after even 6 hours raw (never reached my stomach).

I was consulting an expert for this condition and googles a little bit. This is how I found out there is something called als that can produce this symptom.

Now, it wasn’t such a concern to me, but I also had the tip of my tongue palpitating and palpitations in my left leg and feet. In addition to this, pain in the feet (lik cramps), cramps in the under leg (feels hard) pain in the thumb and pain in my under arm near the Bine where is moves and also pain in the arm muscles in form of hard end muscles.

I have visiated then a Neurologie, which isn’t specialized in diagnostics for als. They did also an EMG and the right arm and leg where okay, but in the left one, you could see curves, even if I didn’t move the leg or contract it. But my Neurologe said this can’t be als and hat im 100% sane (at least from my body, mentally, I have anxiety and panic attacks m, also because of the fear of this desease) and so she gave me pregabalin and Escitalopram.

Since then, I’m not scared anymore and my panic stopped.

But the symptoms in my left leg are still there:

Hard under leg and pain in the feet, which feel like cramps.

I don’t feel any weakness though... but the fasciculations are still there and the under leg feels hardened.

Is this a sign of this desease?!... I’m still
Concerned and don’t know if I should visit another doctor...

I’m sorry for such stupid questions, but it doesn’t leave my mind...

No. Not ALS at all.

Concur with Mike 100%

3 strikes and you are out - so happy for you! (that means no way you are describing ALS)

I thank you a lot for your answers.

I’ll no longer debate with you if I have it or not. I just wanted to share my experience, because when you google the symptoms I have, you see 1000
Sites talking about als.

I’ll make a last check next week (EMG) and then I’ll just try to live with these symptoms, which hopefully will have no leathal issues.

I wish to thank you all and I wish you all the best and I hope that soon something is found against this terrible desease.

Just to have feared of having it and reading about this, made me come to the conclusion that I have to do something.

So my next step is to give money to some institutions which support people suffering.

Do you know any I should consider? It’s very important for me that the money I donate is for the people and not for 99% bureaucracy.

I thank you and send you a lot of love and power from Germany.

Sorry for my bad English.

You could donate either to this site: go up to our main front page and click the red donate button, OR
you could donate to the ALS Association at ALSA (dot) org.

Vielen Dank

Done! I’ll make more donations when my financial situation has stabilized.

Good luck to you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back