Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
TN
City
Knoxville
Hey, guys. I’m sorry to be posting this as I know you guys gets a lot these types of questions. I’ve had some concerning symptoms recently and was curious if this sounds remotely similar to ALS? Any help is appreciated.

This all started in the last year. I went for a routine physical and was noted as having an increased ALT level which prompted my GP to check my CK level which was elevated at 317. I have had it checked a few more times since and it has been elevated each time but always lower than the original. I started noticing shortly after this that I have body wide muscle twitches. These have continued since and are in my calves, thighs, arms, eyelid, etc. I also had a pain in my left calf that lasted for a month or so and my GP ruled out a blood clot and said he thought I had just pulled a muscle. My most recent symptom is the one that prompted me to post on here as I didn’t believe anything neurological was going on originally. For the last two weeks I’ve had a burning sensation that started in both hands and has slowly appeared in my feet. It is painful to touch anything but seems to be better at night. So far my blood work has been clean other than my CK still being elevated. My GP has referred me to a neurologist, which of course has brought on a lot of stress. No weakness or atrophy so far though that I’ve noticed.

No ALS at all. Every sentence you wrote points AWAY from ALS. Forgive me for not taking the time to go into details, but I'm sure everyone here would agree you did not describe anything lthat should make a person worry about ALS.

Try to relax. Any number of little things could cause those symptoms, and they're all easy-peazy. I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV , and I really shouldn't give any medical advice about someone I don't know over the internet, but I can with great confidence say No ALS.

A CK level of 317 is slightly above normal, 17 above normal. I had mine read at 6000, that's elevated.
Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back