Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Mayfield
Ok. First stating. I’m here for guidance, my apologies for even asking such questions... I want to know if this sounds alarming to any of you. Rather you or a love one has ALS. Starting off I made one post before where I had a dip in my walk. Which was frightening. Came in went. After having surgery back in 2016. Shortly after I started having vision issues ghosting vision eye floaters and seeing sliver specs and vision. Next came muscle twitching in arms legs stomach and eye lids that comes in goes. Recently of August 2017 I was dx with a false positive of Lyme disease... had a mri of my brain but they refuse to rule out anything else... neruo did test of my reflexes and all. As I read online hand cramps are a number one indicator of als? Almost every night I experience numbness in my hand and hand cramping/licking up. Even when I don’t lay on my arms they will still go numb. I do gave a cyst on my wrist. I do smoke. I’ll be turning 27 this month. I also notice my words, I can’t remember simple words at time. I am an anxious person but I been experiencing these things for a while now... any suggestions or tips? My heart is stiff here as lots of rare diseases is on the rise and I suffer from a few other chronic issuse... just hope you all can give me insight. As I’m pregnant if I do have als. My wish would be to terminate this pregnancy... adding I don’t have any close relatives with als. Nor do I know of it running in my family. Heart problems and high blood pressure do.plus cancer.

Last edited:
Hand cramps are not a number one indicator of ALS. Clinical weakness as noted by a doctor is.

Numbness and eye floaters point away from ALS.

Cramps and twitches are utterly non specific and should not make you worry.

Suggest seeing your doctor to get checked out but forget about ALS so you can enjoy your pregnancy

If you want to make a reply please use paragraphs and spaces. Thank you

Hey thank you for responding. My fear is that I won’t be able to use it, for how often it goes numb.

It’s almost like symptoms can be present before the worst happens and that’s what I’m afraid of.

My doctors will laugh at me if I bring this too their attention... I don’t care though I need answers.

My thing is when it’s youre life and we don’t know when our time is ticking. I at least want to give my all to say I tried...

I’m frightened.

Honesty speaking I was gonna mention this, but I knew the post would’ve been forgotten.... and yes I forgot my email, I signed up with.

AT The ER atrophy question

Hand cramped on me again. I noticed you guys talking about atrophy. My pinky definitely sticks up more than the other almost like cramped up?! Is that atrophy looks like?

Re: AT The ER atrophy question

No. Atrophy is noted by a doc. I’m sure a moderator will come along soon and tell you to stay in one thread. Do not start a new one. Hand cramping is not indicative of ALS. You do not have symptoms that sound even remotely like ALS. It’s time for you to move on from this site. It’s not good for you to continue to be on this site.
Best wishes.
Tracy

Mod note: Merged threads. Please stay on this thread only and do not start another.

Gamerfitmom, please seek proper medical help for your concerns. You will not find anyone here telling you a cramping pinkie means you have ALS. You stated your doctors will laugh at you if you go to them, however, there is absolutely no way this forum can help you diagnose yourself with ALS.

Please see a doctor. Please post after you see one- but not before.

I’m sorry that was not my intentions.
I did read the sticky notes but I didn’t see that we couldn’t make a few post at time.

I do not want to be a bothersome.
I was reading on here and noticed my hand looking funny and made a post of it to get more insight.
Please forgive me for my mistake here...
I don’t want to be banned from this site!
My apologies. I did suffer from health anxiety.

This here I promised was a true concern.
You type hand cramps into google, you get a list worth of red flags.

I guess what I’m trying to say is I did get reassurance, however I should’ve added more details into my first post... with on going symptoms I will take to my regular pcp this following week... sorry everyone...������

Thank you for understanding. Please let us know how the doctor appointment goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back