Reason
Other
Country
KOR
State
Seoul
City
Seoul
Hey guys, nice to meet you all. I'm a 21 year-old male with severe case of hypochondria.

Being a hypochondriac, whenever my muscle twitched or felt weak, I always dreaded that I have ALS. But not a long time ago I found this site and read the stickies and that really helped me a ton. now I know feeling weak doesn't mean it's actually weak, and feeling that something is on my throat is not a symptom of bulbar onset ALS.

HOWEVER...

Yesterday I was just normally drinking water, and suddenly I felt as if my esophagus is thinning/closing itself... and became harder to breathe. I was also having dry heaves and needless to say now I'm in a state of total panic. I thought sleeping would help ease these symptoms but nope, now I can't even drink water without feeling like I'm getting choked.
Is this a symptom of bulbar onset ALS? should I take EMG?

Please see a doctor. If you have actually read the stickies, you know the forum position on twitches and perceived weakness. No ALS. Please do not feed your admitted hypochondria here.

I agree with ShiftKicker. Also, the sensation of throat closing off is a classic anxiety symptom. Please get help, but not here.

Please see a doctor. If you have actually read the stickies, you know the forum position on twitches and perceived weakness. No ALS. Please do not feed your admitted hypochondria here.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to annoy anyone here with my hypochondria... I was just too scared. I've never felt like this before so I didn't know what to do. Anyways thanks for the reply! I'll try to calm myself now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back