Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
BO
State
CE
City
Cochabamba
Hello everyone, I'm experiencing bodywide fasciculations for a year now and I've been told on the BFS Facebook group that my symptoms no longer quiet sound like BFS. I was almost kicked out of the group because I was causing anxiety,

What caused that type of reaction? I'll try to explain it here:

- February 2017 - Started with bodywide twitching after a very stressful period.

- Next 8 months absolutely perfect, no weakness at all. Neuro said perfect clinical.

-November 2017 - First and only EMG to date showed reduced recruitment pattern in both tibialis anterior (only finding, no spontaneous activity)

- December 2017 - One day upon waking up, I couldn't lift my little and ring fingers of my left hand. No matter how hard I tried. 1 hour later the strength came back.

- January 2018 - Woke up with unexplained pain below the pinky finger (hypothenar area) and couldn't move the finger. After 3 or 4 days the pain subsided and the strength returned.

- January 2018 - After a night of heavy drinking, woke up with the inablity of lifting my left big toe. It was totally paralyzed. After 4 or 5 hours the strength returned. 3 days after that, surprisingly the weakness returned to my big toe, but the strength came back again!. Right now, (two weeks later) my toe is as strong as ever.

So, to summarize, I'm suffering bodywide fasciculations and episodes of unexplained weakness - that points away from BFS - but the stength ALWAYS come back - that points away from ALS (I guess :roll:)

So right now I'm in limbo, and I kindly request your opinions about my case. I know that I should go to the Dr. but let's say that I live in a country with a terrible health system (ALS CENTER? may be in ten thousand years).

If someone's case started like mine I'm ready to hear it, really. I'm exahusted of being in limbo and I want to plan for my future.

Thanks a lot for reading my story.

Marcelo.

Hello-

Your complaint about no local ALS clinic indicates your focus on ALS and not on working with a doctor to track down the real reason for your symptoms. You already know it's recommended to go to a doctor. While your health care system may not be great, it's what you have. Crowd sourcing a potential diagnosis based on only self reported and subjective symptoms will not help you in any meaningful way. People here can maybe help direct you to look in a variety of appropriate directions with regards to what your symptoms really mean- but, again, an in-person visit to a doctor is still required.

You have an extensive posting history here. Each time you have been reassured your symptoms do not fit the pattern of ALS. As well, your doctor has also provided the same assurance. If there are changes, the doctor is the place to start regardless of your concerns about your health care system.

Thanks for your opinion Fiona, I guess that's my only option right now.

All the best.

Anyhow, if someome may have a clue of what is going on based on experience and knowledge, it would be much appreciated.

No, Bolivia. You know you don't have ALS. All we do here is ALS. We don't attempt to diagnose anything else. I suggest, strongly, that you go elsewhere to get the comfort you need. Good luck.

As always, thanks for your help Mike. As much as I agree with you that I may not have ALS, I also think that experiencing episodes of transient weakness isn't normal either.
I thought that maybe someone would relate to my symptoms but seems it's not the case.

If anything major changes or if I find out what's going on I'll post an update.

Best wishes.

Of course transient weakness is not normal, but the folks here know als and transient weakness is NOT an ALS symptom. No one here is going to be able relate to that because this is not a general health forum. Yes, post an update when you get answers, but otherwise, you need to refrain from posting as there’s not much we can offer you. See your doc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back