Other
Country
UK
State
Uk
City
London
Hello!:)
I only have 2 questions because the sticky note has helped me with every other concern that I have!
1.Is it possible for als to progress slowly?(for example, a person experiencing only muscle fasciculations for 1 year?)
2.Is it normal for fasciculations to start all over the body, and when the disease progresses, to concentrate on one part of the body?
Thank you for your patience!!!

Thanks for reading the sticky. Glad it helped.

Question 1. Yes, it's possible for someone to have a very slow progression. But ALS would not start out as just twitching.
Question 2. It's possible for a person to twitch all over, then later, only notice twitching in one particular area. Again, can happen to anyone. Not an ALS thing.
Note, however, that this has nothing to do with ALS.

I use the word twitch instead of a more technical word because there are many different kinds with different names. They're all just twitches.

Our advice on twitches is simple: Twitching is so common to so many conditions that it is not diagnostic of anything.
Twitching means nothing. It's very common in standard stress anxiety. Get a new job--tummy twitches. Think you might be pregnant--facial twitches. Going to meet someone's parents--twitching legs and arms. Normal, healthy people twitch.

Drink some Gatorade. Nutrition affects twitches.

But there is no reason to think about ALS.

Concur with everything Mike said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back