Reason
Other
Country
PAK
State
Capital
City
Islamabad
My age is 21.. gender is male.. month back I started having body wide muscle twitching.. it began with eye twitching and then spread to other parts.. and then a week after twitching, my right arm felt weak like for an hour or so It was difficult for me to lift lighter objects but was able to lift heavy objects at the same time.. the situation got better after an hour but day after that I felt fatigue in right arm and it continued for 5,6 days.. i was able to do everything but there was fatigue.. you can say it was easier for me to lift heavy objects than light.. the fatigue was over and my arm was normal again but after few days i felt the fatigue again for couple of days.. thumb also twitches sometimes.. Searched google and got terrified.. need point of view of you guys.. thanks!

Last edited:
This thread was moved to the appropriate subforum. Please the read before posting sticky at the top of this subforum

Please read the Pinned Post cunningly titled Read Before Posting.

Twitching is far too common to be diagnostic of anything.
Feeling tired is not an ALS symptom. Doctor detected clinical weakness is, but you don't have that.

I'm a quadriplegic and I "feel" just fine.

Don't believe the Internet (Google), it's full of crap. Talk to your Dr, but forget ALS.

Thank you! Twitching has been reduced a lot.. only feel tiny twitches you can say and fear these might be fibrillations.. Planning to get a neuro appointment..

Fibrillations are an EMG finding not something that can be felt . you have little twitches which mean nothing. See a neuro if you must to put your mind at rest

Fearing bulbar onset.. need help

Hello,

Couple of months back I started having body wide fasciculations.. So far I don’t have any clinical weakness.. but from last couple of days I have noticed that i am having a bit of trouble swallowing.. my tongue seems fine.. i can move it in all directions.. no visible atrophy as well.. sometimes difficulty in breathing too.. suffering from cold as well from few days.. mucus in the back of throat as well.. please help..

Mod note- merged threads. Alif, please keep posting here instead of opening a new thread. This helps members here see your history in one thread. Thank you

Alif, are you seeing a doctor? It is not helpful to yourself to be posting online when a visit to the doctor for an examination would be a more appropriate thing to do. There's not really anything people here can do with regards to general health questions. The people here have already offered their opinion that you show no signs of ALS.

I was away from the internet since I last got reply that I don’t show any signs of ALS.. twitching has also been reduced significantly.. but these new symptoms have landed me here again.. Just wanted to know if my new symptoms like a bit of trouble swallowing sometimes, cold for a week, sometimes I don’t pronounce the words the way i should, do these concerning for bulbar ALS? I’m 21 years old..

Mate you have a cold not ALS. Please see a doctor.

Thank you for your reassurance.. Will try to stay away from dr google

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back