Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
Cortlandt Manor
Hello everyone, thank you for your time and response in advance. I've been scared of getting als for a few months, read post, searched threads. The reason I'm here now is because a few weeks ago I started have a weird gait. When I walk I feel like I have to pick my right leg up to walk, like stepped gait. I see a chiropractor regularly and he said he didn't see any thing in my back to suggest anything was off. He is a neurological chiropractor. He did strength tests of my right foot and left and all around. Said I was very strong and he felt it wasn't als, but to see another neurologist. I got to tomorrow. I'm 32, I have had BSF in the past, I suffer from anxiety and OCD as well as depression. In 2010 I had two emgs done that showed a pinched nerve in c5. This has effected my left arm on and off. I can walk on my toes, walk on my heels, balance on one foot although I'm a bit shakey on the right one but I can do it. My questions is, could I have some sort of early onset that is going unnoticed? Is that stuff how it happens? I've read so much I've pretty much convinced myself I have this. Im very scared.

Nope. Not ALS.

I note you were worried about ALS before you changed your gait. Hypervigilance can do all sorts of things to affect how you move. Keep working with your medical providers. And best wishes in seeking appropriate care- you don't have ALS.

Thank you for your time to respond. I greatly appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back