Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Uk
State
England
City
England
Hey all Im very sacred I have a possiblity of als I’ve been having twitches all over my body and they stop sometimes my index finger has bent inwards for apparent reason I also get a very tight chest sometimes at random times and struggle to breathe I also feel like I need to yawn all the time my fingers feel stiff sometimes, aswell as when wearing a bag my shoulder aches from little weigh my my legs feel very weird I don’t know how to describe it they will tense up very quickly from walking. I get out of breath very quickly my arms feel very heavy aswell I’m very scared also get twicthing in my shoulder and fuzziness around parts of my body im generally scared I have als

Last edited:
You don't have ALS.

Read the Pinned Post surprisingly titled Read Before Posting for more info.

Feeling “weird “ and twitching are non-specific and do not suggest ALS in the absence of muscle function failure, which you have not described. So nothing in your post suggests ALS.

I’m sorry you’re scared. Sometimes increasing your fluid intake, working on reducing stress and anxiety, and a trial of physiotherapy or massage can all be very helpful. Please work with your doctor on this.

Best of luck.

The tightness in my chest randomly scared me I went hospital about it before and they said nothing was wrong and bloods were fine but I have the twitching constantly and my finger is bent for no reason I also have a dent in my right foot I understand als is a horrible disease and I feel sorry for whoever is diagnosed but I’m scared as my symptoms match als not all of them my left shoulder has a A bit of weakness but could be anything I’m going to go to the doctors to put my mind at rest and to try treat my anxiety I feel bad for even labelling myself as being scared of having als

As you're apparently unable to read (the Pinned Post) I'll supply a few details

ALS symptoms don't go away.
Twitching is FAR TOO COMMON to be diagnostic of anything.
Perceived weakness (i. E. I FEEL weak) has nothing to do with ALS.
'Tightness in chest' has nothing to do with ALS.

Go see your Dr, but forget ALS. Lucky you.

I’m very sorry I didn’t see it and you pointed it out twice I’m guessing I don’t have als I’m sorry

Don't be sorry lad! Be glad that your symptoms don't appear to be ALS!

Good luck, take your issues to your doctor! :)

Deffo will do so to take my mind at rest tightness in chest has nothing to do with als twicthing could be anything my finger has bent downwards for an unknown reason my legs feel abit stiff and tight I tend to google symptoms and diagnose my self on the spot I’m just very and feel bad to Dylan I might have it deffo going to go Doctors but the symptoms I’ve just explained don’t add up to als? And like I said really sorry I wished the best for you all

No, Tariq...all those symptoms don't have ANYTHING to do with ALS.

Enjoy life, Tariq. Don't even think about disease.

OKay thank you guys sorry for wasting your time

Not a waste if we've addressed your concern! Again, good luck! :)

HEY guys I know you’ve told me my symptom does Not Match als but I’m getting chest pains and the tightness is that als symptom as well as my left hand starts shaking when holding my phone

Tariq-

This is not a forum for you. While you have symptoms that are worrisome, you do not belong here. Please get some help from a proper doctor. I am sorry you are experiencing health anxiety, but the people here can not help you with it.

If you find yourself unable to stop worrying about ALS, you must see a doctor. It seems we can not convince you. It is time to stop posting here.

IM very sorry I will stop posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back