Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
VA
City
Richmond
Hello,

First of all, thank you to all of you for what you do on this site. I know the information provided has supported a lot of people for many years - for both those that post and don't post.

Anyway, I wanted to ask your opinion on my symptoms. I am not exactly sure how soon I should see a doctor as I am leaving the country in 10 days for 3 weeks.

I am a 35 year old male and have never had any concerning symptoms until recently. During the first week of January, the ball of my right foot started to twitch (about 10 times a day, each episode lasting 5 seconds) - enough to move my toes. After 5 days of this, I started to get very anxious about it. In turn the twitching became body wide.

Thankfully, the ball of my foot and the body wide twitching stopped about 2 weeks ago except for some localized twitching in my left lip that is still occurring. Additionally, I have had some vibration/buzzing feeling (when resting) and pain (when walking) in my left thigh for 2 weeks. I am not as concerned about the twitching in my lip, but I am concerned about this left thigh vibration/buzzing feeling and pain. As I understand, this vibration/buzzing feeling could be internal twitching. I am not noticing any weakness. I do notice that my left thigh is smaller than my right thigh, but I know this is normal in every person who is right dominant.

Does any of this sounds like a MND? I do have an 18 month old son who doesn't like to sleep, so my 5-6 hours a night of sleep for the past year probably isn't helping.

Thank you for your help.

Not opinion, fact:
1) twitching/buzzing mean squat, nada, zilch, zero, bupkus
2) ALS symptoms don't 'go away'.

Twitching is FAR too common to be diagnostic of ANYTHING!

Opinion:
1) You don't have ALS
2) You obviously failed to read the Pinned Post compellingly titled Read Before Posting.

Thank you for the quick reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back