Reason
Other
Country
US
State
CA
City
Vista
Hi...I am new to this site, and would greatly appreciate any feedback. About a month ago, I started having this intense pain in my right shin. It felt like shin splints, but much worse. The pain would radiate to my ankle bone up to my knee. Over the last month, the pain has just gotten to be relentless. It feels as if someone is drilling a hole into the bone. I have now haf x-rays, an MRI, as well as a bone scan. I also have muscle twitches, which are much more predomimant in my lower extremities. I have, however, experienced muscle twitching for the past 10 years, so the twitching alone isn't worrisome to me, however, when coupled with this intense pain, I have become quite anxious. I met with a neurologist, who said that I didn't appear to have any noticeable weakness, but recommended that I get an EMG, as the pain could be related to something going on with my nerves, although she thought it was strange to have had such pain without an injury.

I saw that several people had experienced deep bone like pain while their muscles were degenerating. Has anyone had this type of pain as one of their initial symptoms? Thank you in advance for your responses.

I recommend you read the "READ BEFORE POSTING" at the top of the DIHALS subforum. It covers a variety of the most common things that bring people here.

Pain is like a cough- it can mean so many different things. ALS is not even in the running unless your symptoms are part of a pattern of other symptoms that indicate neurological involvement.

I agree 100% with Shiftkicker.

Ditto what Shiftkicker wrote. Reading the stickies would tell you that this is NOT ALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back