Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
Gr
State
Pieria
City
Katerini
Hello everyone i've been having a bad time latelly with a cluster of symptoms that realy worry me cause i lost my beloved mother from als (bulbar onset). Some things in me remind me of herself just before getting diagnosed so i would like an opinion from you also.
Very sorry to bother you as i know that its taking you a lot of time to write whith als and its dificult to anwer to every one concerned that probably worries over nothing.

I have seen 2 neurologists had a brain mri that was clean and a emg also clean that was done in 4 different spots 3 on foot and one in arm. NOT IN TONGUE AND THROAT. Clinical exam has been good .

Over the past 1 month i feel i have something in my throt and cannot clean it no matter what. I have speaking difficulties as i seem i cant find the wright word when speaking or pausing for no reason.
Speaking for 2 minutes gives me short breath and generally i get tired from talking way to easy. I realise that my speach is not the same as i speak slower and fail to pronounce sometimes words with -SSS and -LLLL . When i eat food and water seem to get down realy slow or remain in my throat for a long time. Also got sore throat alltime
I dont get choked when i eat but after i eat i have a sensation in my neck that food didnt go down and i cough (not during swallowing but as soon as i finish the meal.
For the last year or so im getting shortbreathed way to easy.
Cant even play basket or do aerobic at gym or run.

Seen a cardiologist and heart seems fine.
I got gerd but its no news cause i have it for a decade or so
I am fresh diagnosed with autoimune thyroiditis.
I have vitamin D deficiency - taking suplaments
Vit b12 (310)

Any input will help me forget this illness

Not even the tiniest bit like bulbar onset ALS I'm very glad to tell you - please put that aside immediately and stop researching on the internet.

Your doctors know you don't have this and can prove it by tests and clinical exams.

They will continue to find what is wrong however if you work with them. All the very best.

Just because you have had GERD for a decade doesn't mean it's well-treated -- it often progresses to EE (erosive esophagitis). And long-term use of some of the drugs that treat GERD can be harmful to other aspects of your health.

I would consult a gastroenterologist or go back to your PCP for re-evaluation.

As Tillie says, nothing you've said makes us think of ALS, and clean EMGs make it especially unlikely, no matter what areas were examined.

Thnx a lot fot the reply.

Its very difficult to lose a beloved one from als noone deserves this crapy illness . Its so unfair. I guess i never get over the lost of my mom.
I feel great sympathy for those who suffer from it. Keep being strong and maybe tommorow a promissing therapy will come in light.

#Igeb : I already visited a Gastroenterologist and made a diagnose of gerd last week and prescription pills for it.
My esophagus-stomach-duodenum seem fine exept that valve-sfinghter that is loose and cause gerd.
My throat still doesnt get better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back