Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Chicago
Hello everyone! My name is Stuart I'm 19 and I'm from Chicago. First of I'd like to hand out my extreme sympathy for those who know they are afflicted with this disease. It's truly inspiring to see so many brave people out here being supportive through the whole ordeal. My great uncle had ALS and it was truly stunning to see what he went through.

So since Thanksgiving, I've been experience sometimes small and sometimes rapid muscle twitches in my biceps and back but mostly in my legs and in particularly my calves. I've gotten small twitches in my life that I haven't really thought about that much but these have been happening consistently since the end of November. My hands have also been very shaky of lately. I know one of the more common early symptoms of ALS is difficulty doing seemingly small tasks. I haven't had any trouble button shirts or zipping up my pants or typing on my laptop. I think some of my symptoms might be caused by my lack of constant hydration/lack of sleep. It's also been very, VERY cold in Chicago recently so maybe its just my body adjusting to the seasons. But still I'm worried and I would like to here what all you wonderful people have to say! Thank you so much for all you do. You are all rock stars!

Hi, Stuart, very sorry to hear about your great uncle.

You've answered your own question -- drink something hydrating/sleep more regularly, take a hard look at your nutrition, and break out the long johns.

Best,
Laurie

Would you say muscle twitches and dehydration/lack of stretching/poor diet are related.

Yep. Twitching is often related to nutrition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back