Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
indiana
City
hammond
Hi I've been noticing that my right hand has been shrinking for a few months or to a year , and the upper arm of my right has a dent I've noticed that in February 2017 , my whole body twitches and all of my muscles hurt every day , my right leg also seems to be smaller well on my buttock and my right face seems to have a dimple on it an it seems to be smaller I've noticed that for a few months, I don't know if I have muscle weakness yet it's been a few months I also have a vitamin B12 deficiency and a vitamin D also no doctor seems to be listening to me they say I'm fine I think I went to a neurologist in 2015 to tell him about this he said he didn't noticed a difference . My right leg seems to be twitching more than my left .

Attachments

• IMG_20171122_165002.jpg
    IMG_20171122_165002.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_20171122_165013.jpg
    IMG_20171122_165013.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_20171122_164947.jpg
    IMG_20171122_164947.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 335
Nothing you describe sounds like ALS. Correct your Vitamin deficiencies.

Thank you but does it look like I have atrophy in my hand ? It seems smaller than the other ?

Tetikitty, your doctors, a neurologist and a person with ALS have considered this and each decided you shouldn't be bothering yourself with ALS.. I agree. You have no symptoms of ALS--none, nada, zip. We know what we're talking about. If you don't trust your doctor, get another.

Unless you had a baseline measurement of your hands first, there's no way to tell. People are asymmetric and there are always variations in size from right/left. Atrophy is not asymmetry. It is a complete loss of muscle and is very obvious.

As Kim says- sort your vitamin deficiencies out. Vitamin deficiencies cause a whole range of issues- sometimes incredibly profound and health limiting symptoms. If you still have issues after your vitamin levels are normal, you can address them at that time with your doctor.

Not even in the slightest does it look like atrophy. Not even in the slightest does it sound like ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back