Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
us
State
Virginia
City
Richmond
Im sure you guys see this all of the time but I really wanted to hear from people who actually have als. In june my tongue started twitching.. not once or twice, but 24/7 literally it never ever stops. I cant feel it twitching & i only found it because my tongue went numb. Ive seen three neuros and they all immediately throw als out there and then dismiss it. Ive had an emg of my tongue and arms and they said the test was normal, but they are at a loss to what it could be. Im absolutely terrified that i am going to go unduagnosed and it turn out to be als. I have twitching with other parts of my body but not constant. I also have tingling in nose and feet & other strange feelings sometime. Has anyone had a clean emg with tongue twitching and it end up bein als?

Tiffany- can you go and read the "READ BEFORE POSTING" link at the top of the "Do I Have ALS?" subforum please? If you have any questions after that, feel free to post them.

Thank you.

Thank you gregk, i have read it :)

If you have ALS, no way it will go undiagnosed.

24/7 twitching with a normal EMG says no ALS, as does the lack of clinical weakness, as the sticky notes.

Ask your neuro for the differential and followup plan (after you have picked one to follow up with).

Thank you! The 1st neuro i saw said i had weakness because i was dropping things & fast reflexes, i forgot what it was called. The 2nd neuro said he didnt classify dropping things as weakness. I really appreaciate your feedback <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back