Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Louisiana
City
Farmerville
Can someone help me at what my results may mean?
Emg shows active and chronic demyelination with axonal loss to bilateral nerves extending to all four extremeties at C7 and L5. I have decreased recruitment, Positive sharp waves, and fibrillations in multiple areas in both arms and legs. The report states, Probable and possible "Radiculopathy with active and chronic demyelination with axonal loss." My MRI of my Brain, C, T, L Spine is prefect. CTs and X-rays are perfect. All labs including Vitamins and rheumatoid factors are good too. My main symptoms is generalized pain and weakness, but mainly in my legs. I also have twitching mainly in right calf then some around the front of knees. My left leg jumped once about a foot off the ottoman with my right leg crossed over it which was very odd. I have had numbness, tingling, and literal burning sensation in palms of hands and once I felt like I was walking on a bed of needles. I also have am waiting for an appointment with a neurologist. So, I am just looking for some thoughts regarding my results as I know that radiculopathy is from compression which i don't have so I guess that's where "probable and possible" comes into play.

When you state “active and chronic demyelination with axonal loss to bilateral nerves.....”, that part sounds like a nerve conduction test report, not an EMG. That part suggests neuropathy. When combined with the EMG portion of the report, the total picture suggests pinched nerves in the spine, otherwise known as radiculopathy. This is not the same as in ALS where the nerve conduction part of the test would be normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back