Reason
Other
Country
Nl
State
Noord Holland
City
Amsterdam
First of all, thank you for allowing me to tell you my story .... sorry for my bad writing English.

i am very scared, I think I have many symptoms of ALS, like your opinion.

Since 1,5 year I have very slow loss of strength, especially in the legs but recently also in my arms. If I lift something that is not even heavy, then I have internal vibrations .... or if I clean my car with a high pressure cleaner then I feel weakness in my hands. This has become progressively worse. Muscle mass / tissue has also decreased in both thighs, these are also no longer nicely round, stiff hard especially on the thighs. When my dog sits on it, it hurds a little. My muscles on both shoulders also seem to have decreased.
In addition, I have constant muscle twitches in large muscle groups, which become worse during exercise. In my calves they are fine twitches, but in my thighs, on my back or thighs they are more intense. Also have cramps in my legs.

My tongue feels weird especially when eating, difficult to explain. My palate also seems harder.
I have had swallowing problems since a month, food does not want to drop, bad hoarsness voice and slime in the throat.

Furthermore, I am often sick in the morning when I get up, this often disappears slowly.
I will go to the neurologist soon. Do you recognize ALS?

Last edited:
Your symptoms are fairly non-specific. I would not be thinking about ALS unless something actually fails. For example, failure would be if you can no longer swallow without choking, or if you can no longer stand on your heels or on your toes.

Seeing a neurologist is the next step. They will want to do tests and probably will do an EMG and nerve conduction tests. If you have any questions after seeing the neurologist, feel free to ask us.

multi id- closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back