Other
Country
TN
State
tN
City
East Ridge
Sorry to bother anyone.

I have been having what I would describe as vibrating in my thigh. I looked it up but nothing really comes up, I talked to my PCP and she thinks I'm having very fast spasms. I also feel weak after these spasms. I have not failed, it actually helps to walk after I have a day of the spasms. I have noticed they occur a few days after high anxiety. I don't know if this could be from anxiety?? So does any of this sound like something I should worry about? I guess I worry of the weakness feeling after the weird buzzing sensations. I read the stickies and I realize I'm saying "feel" a lot.

Sorry I'm pretty nervous.

Hi Mindy,

I don't think you have anything to worry about and certainly NOT ALS. Anxiety can cause a lot of strange sensations. Just make sure you are well hydrated, get plenty of rest, and find something to reduce anxiety. Yoga, meditation, and exercise come to mind. If you continue to get them, have your PCP do blood work to make sure your thyroid, B-12, electrolytes and everything else is normal.

When you are extremely anxious your body can generate a lot of chemicals that give you that flight or fight feeling. After it calms down, you may feel exhausted. Keep walking, eat a healthy diet, avoid excess caffeine, and try to reduce the anxiety. If you're having a hard time with the anxiety, a counseling session might help.

Don't be nervous. Enjoy the season.

That was a great response and just what I needed to hear. Thank you. Yes, my anxiety has hit an all time high. I lost my best friend to cancer and I've been having panic attacks. Anxiety is very strange. I never knew that it comes with strange symptoms! Then you Google and then you panic! Viscous circle.

Thank you for giving sweet, great advice. Hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back