Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Rom
State
Alba
City
Blaj
Hello. For two months I have been experiencing some worrisome symptoms. It all started with some contractions in my right arm and right leg and a feeling of weakness in these limbs. At the same time I also had a pain in my thoracic back area, especially after I stand or I do something phisicall. I have been to several neurologists, had a MRI and it was OK for some time until I started twitching in many muscles around my body especially my eye lid and in one night my both little fingers were moving by themselves. This is when I started to think about AlS.after this, I have read the sticky on this forum and got was so relieved until I came by this forum post https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/38823-april-2017-diagnosed.html were this guy started with twitching and I also came by a a forum post of a veteran who said that for him it started with twitching.
I am still experiencing my back/neck pain especially if I stay up for some time.
I am thinking of getting an EMG, will this be 100% accurate and on what muscles will it be set given my symptoms?
What do you think, can this pe ALS?
Thank you and God Bless you all!

You read the sticky and still complained about twitches? Perhaps you should read it again.

Twitching, Nope.
Pain in the back, nope.
Feeling weakness, nope, nope, nope.

Go get your EMG. Yes testing one spot tests all.
This will be the only way to convince you.

You obviously did not read the whole post by Tim. The last post in that thread details how he has been cleared of ALS and the first diagnosis was incorrect.
Continue with your doctor make sure he/she understands you are in pain. That is not typical with onset of ALS.
Good luck to you!

Angie

My answer to your question. NO.
Al

Can you have weakness in your abdomen? When I try to do an abs - like movement all my ab muscles shake, is this weakness?

No. Keep pursuing the cause of your symptoms with a doctor. Shaking and twitching are as common as coughing and signify absolutely nothing unless they are in combination with a whole host of other symptoms.

I got my Emg done today, at first the doctor thought that it's just some anxiety but when pursuing to the needle test he got a little worried. At the end he told me that he has seen some fasciculation in right deltoid and fibrillation in right cvadriceps. His conclusion was that it's mostly benign but I am still worried. I will attach my Emg so you can tell me what do you think.
63TLI

Last edited:
I attached the Emg, I think my first upload didn't work.

Attachments

• IMG_20171107_122711.jpg
    IMG_20171107_122711.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_20171107_122749.jpg
    IMG_20171107_122749.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 218
So you'd rather believe a bunch of strangers on the Internet than a trained clinician.

Ya might want to think about that...

I would listen to my doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back