Blizna

Distinguished member
Country
CZ
State
CZ
City
Prague
Well, I was told by many neuros that ALS twitches can be recruited by tapping/grabbing on the muscle or slight voluntary contraction. Is that true?
From time to time Im really able to recruit twitches, like right now - my shoulder is twitching and when I tap/grab on it, it will do it again. Then it go away for a few days..usually I twitch a few times per hour.
It scares me because I see twitching even when I stretch the muscle. I know now we all are different but I still hope its not ALS since it comes and go :(

twitching

hello blizna,

like you said we are all different. So far touch doesn't trigger twitches but in the right places it does cause a strong spasm. I taught myself not to be ticklish on the soles of my feet at age 21 since my husband thought it great fun to sit on me & tickle the soles of the feet. When i no longer reacted it was no fun & he stopped. imagine my suprise at 53 years that they are tickish again & now at 59 a touch sends my whole body into a hard spasm. thank goodness the same man is no longer my husband.

kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back