Reason
Friend was DX
Country
US
State
IL
City
Champaign
I'm a 26 year old male. Five days ago I noticed a tingling sensation in my outer heal area. I describe it as tingly feeling but presents itself in more of a twitching form. Happens on and off throughout the day but very regularly also. Stays in the exact same spot. I also have other twitches or very quick odd feelings, almost ripple feelings through out that leg and in other places. I don't have any noticeble weakness in this leg but if feels weaker/shakey/tired/different than the other. And it also feels like I step down on that foot differently than the other. I have an EMG this coming Tuesday actually because I had seen the neurologist back in July about neck and speech symptoms (which have pretty well completely gone away). Had an brain and spinal mri done and both clean so she scheduled me this EMG. She told me at my last appointment that I don't have ALS just while talking to her. However, with these new symptoms I am very concerned. I'm waiting to wake up and this tingling twitch in my foot be gone but it just keeps coming back everyday. I was curious if anyone had any input on my situation. Thank you in advance.

Listen to your Neurologist.

Twtiching, tingly. Nope.
ripple feeling. Nope
" feels weaker". Nope.

Now, you could have read this all for yourself in the Pinned Post titled Read Before Posting!

catchy title, yes?

Go read it. But you ain't got ALS, charlie!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I did read the stickies so I do apologize but I just had to ask. Can perceived weakness lead to clinical weakness, or does it not work like that? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I'm not trying to get a diagnosis and yes your comment was reassuring so I certainly appreciate that, but just asking. I won't come back with 20 questions or comments. Oh and if my statement earlier was confusing I will clear it up, I brought up to her during a normal office visit my concerns of ALS (just had neck and speech symptoms at the time) and she just smiled and said you don't have ALS. Haven't had the EMG yet so she wasn't saying that after any formal testing.
Thank you again.

The neurologist told me I didn't have ALS when I brought it up to her the first time by just looking at me but I didn't have these leg symptoms. These leg symptoms, to you, do not sound like ALS? Just can't figure out why one particular spot would tingle/twitch constantly for 5 days straight. Thanks.

Trust the neurologist. You can second guess her medical opinion after you have graduated medical school, completed a 3-year internship, passed a three-day written test and an hour-long oral exam from a board of old doctors to get your state license.

Twitching. People twitch. Usually it means they're stressed--which you are. I've been twitching all over my body since the 1970s. When an arm, leg, cheek, or gut start rolling around or bouncing for no reason, I consider it amusing.

Thank you, Mike, I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back