Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Ind
State
Tamil Nadu
City
Chennai
Well, it started 6 years back with hand tremor and I am pretty sure for a month or so , the pinky and the ring finger were numb (tingling feeling) most of the time prior to tremors . I have always have had anxiety issues . I was then diagnosed by the doctor as having "essential tremior".But , things got serious when my finger muscles atrophied. And two of my fingers became weak. Further , I kept on discovering new symptoms like frequent muscle cramps. Involuntary movement of fingers and pain in knee joint in cold temperature.

MRI of the spine came out normal. And the doc said, to try vitamin supplements . But no change happened. And the doc said that I have anterior horn cell disease , but didn't specify what. He said ,
the disease shall progress but much slowly and I need not worry about normal life.

What I discovered today was , this buzzing sound in ear. Its not much , I can hear whispers even, but its there. And this is said to be a sign of deafness . Its said the madras form of mnd has the hallmark sign of sensorineural deafness.

Do you think this could be madras from of mnd ?

It sounds like your doctor has already come up with a diagnosis. Did they not provide you with anything other than a verbal "You have anterior horn cell disease"?

My recommendation is you get your records from your doctor and ask them for more information if there's nothing clearly stated. That is more likely to get you a firm answer than asking a forum. Your doctor has the info already it sounds like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back