Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Connecticut
City
Danbury
Hey everybody,
About 2 months ago I made a post thinking i have als, and i still think i have it now. (I am 23 years old and in decent shape)
My symptoms still include:

1. Arm and leg heaviness (weird sensation to describe, but all my limbs seem like they can't do what they were capable of doing before my symptoms started -example: my arms feel weaker and slower when throwing a punch)

1.5. My arms and legs are heavy just to pick up as well

2. Feeling twitching in both upper arms, but can't see any twitching in mirror, maybe under skin twitching

I have no weakness that i'm aware of. I'm still able to do same weight in bench press, leg press etc.
I should note that i have been drinking pretty heavily the past 2 years now, about 10 to 12 beers a night. I wonder if that has anything to do with my symptoms
My anxiety has been through the roof since these symptoms started, and i was just wondering if any person on here thinks this is als!!??

Thanks to all who reply

Doesn't sound remotely like ALS to me.

You said last time if your symptoms continued you would see a doctor.

if you have been drinking that much it is poisoning your body. You need to go to the doctor for help with that quite urgently.

Last edited:
Seeing how the defining issue is muscle weakness, I wouldn't worry about ALS. Drinking a dozen beer every night however, is a problem, even if it is weak,watery American beer. Just the hangover you wake up with every morning can leave you feeling weak and lethargic. Try cutting out the beer or alcohol in general for a couple of months and see the difference.
Vincent

Do not try to stop drinking abruptly without medical advice

Key take away here is you need to see a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back