Other
Country
Ind
State
M P
City
Bhopal
Dear all

Once again i am back to forum , it is almost two years that my fasciculation continuing
body wise , i am functional but in times my waist is quite stiff and pain full , so also my thighs also pain full while walking and my walking is very tired some now.

But more concern is from last four days my tounge tip twitches relentlessly never stops

Is it the onset , i have gone through the onset phase for last two years .

Any case similar to mine is come across to any knowledgeable members

please post with advice

Sabby,
You have had a normal EMG and there is no "two-year onset" for MND such as you describe. I would look to physiotherapy, nutrition, de-stressing and perhaps more sleep to alleviate your symptoms. I do not know what it's called in India, but rehabilitation medicine is a physician specialty in the States and that would be a direction to consider, as well as counseling for your continued anxiety. You might also consult with a rheumatologist to rule out that kind of disorder.

Best,
Laurie

Two years of fasiculations without loss of function does not suggest ALS. Pain at this stage also does not suggest ALS. More likely this is a benign fascination syndrome. If you are seriously worried, then I recommend you see a doctor and get a referral for EMGs. Hopefully this will reassure you. Best of luck.

My PALS does not twitch and he has ALS. Your twitching is benign and you have been told this time and time again.

So, if my hubby does not twitch and has ALS, your needless obsessing and worrying about all your little twitches, making you think you have ALS, doesn't really make sense, does it?

Also, I twitch all the time and I do not have ALS and I don't ever worry that I do, So, take note and focus on your health anxiety.

Good luck.

Thanks all to your value able suggestions

Thanks Lourie for your remembrance , i had my abnormal EMG & then anormal one in feb 2016 .

Followed up with Neuro since then two three times for physical evaluations .

this tongue tip twitching for last four five days is really bothersome it is relentless now never stops both at rest & work also . some where in the forum discussion i came across that this type of relentless one spot twitching is a suggestive point towards ALS.

In forum can you ever come across this type of onset way . your advises are reassuring

please post your comments

As you've doubtless been told over and over, Twitching is too common to be diagnostic of anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back