Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
England
City
London
Hi, I don't wish to waste anyone's time but for the past week I've had some progressive worrying symptoms. I noticed the fasciculations mainly in my legs and feet but occasionally in other areas too. I then started getting pain mostly in my fingers but extending into my arms and legs, mainly on on side but sometimes on the other too.

I then noticed my jaw is tight and keeps clicking whenever moved. I got particularly concerned when I felt a twitch in my tongue and and lump and clicking sound when I swallow. I have not noticed any particular weakness, but have been particularly fatigued. In addition to this, I also have a stiff neck and seem to have lost some weight, I was just wondering if this sounds like it could be the onset of ALS, I know the chances are low due to age but symptoms seem to point in that direction.

No it does not sound like ALS no matter what your age. Twitching is non specific. Weight loss in ALS is secondary to inability to swallow food. Everything else is not an ALS symptom at all. Weakness ( clinical detected by a doctor) is the main symptom in ALS.

If you don't feel well go to your gp but put ALS out of your head. If you can't tell your gp so s/he can help you do so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back