Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Arlington
Hi everyone,
This has been a hurry up and wait process and I'm searching for support. I delivered a baby girl via c section 3 months ago. She is my second baby. My first night in the hospital I noticed my forehead muscle spasming. Thinking it was due to stress, I put it off. I was having what I thought was some post partum anxiety and continued to seek help with no avail. I then developed twitching throughout my body three weeks ago. It has not stopped and has continued to get worse. Everyone brushes me off saying it is just stress but I do not believe this to be true. I had labs drawn and my parathyroid is abnormally high but my calcium is normal. All other labs have continued to be normal. The twitching is awful. It doesn't stop when I'm moving or resting. It is mostly in my lower extremities but I get them in my ear, on my chest, arms, and hands. I have had times when the twitching will continue in one spot for an hour. I feel like I am being tortured and just want to enjoy my family. Can you please offer advice or help as I am struggling thinking I may be dying from this and I'm getting brushed off. It is extremely difficult to find a neuro who will accept new patients in my area.

High PTH with normal calcium and symptoms? I would see an endocrinologist.

Congratulations on your new girl!

Best,
Laurie

Thank you for your response. I made an appointment with endo and will start there.

Regarding ALS: No.
Good luck with the endo.

Thank you for your response Mike. I really appreciate it. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back