Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Uk
State
Uk
City
Uk
Hi all, I'm wondering if you can be of assistance. I'm new and have being experiencing a nuerological decline for the past year. It started with a diagnosis of poly radiculophy from nerve conduction tests, also f waves bilaterally delayed with right limb carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve damage. I have patchy sensory nerve issues and pain everywhere, but most disturbing I have severe muscle twitching all over ( worse in my face and lips with slight muscle weakness on left of face which won't allow me to completely fill my cheeks with air as it leaks out of that side, otherwise cranial nerves are intact.
but everywhere including small annoying twitches and big ones that make my whole calf quiver. Ms ruled out and nuero says he is baffled. Any advice gladly excepted

Nothing you wrote has anything to do with ALS.
Twitching is common. Healthy people twitch. Anxiety makes some people twitch.
Pain everywhere? No clue what that might be, but it does not point to ALS at all.
Advice: Work with your GP medical doctor. They are trained to run multi-disciplinary investigations.

My advice is to seek a second opinion. Daisy. It is not unusual to have more than one nerve problem, but the key is to ensure that your neuro is not missing a treatable one. Meanwhile, if you are not doing physio, I would ask for a referral so as to help alleviate your symptoms.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back