Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Garfield
I am a 30 year old male with odd symptoms. I currently have body wide muscle twitching but it's mostly in my calves. This has been going on for about 4 months now. I went to a neurologist, my exam was normal as was the EMG performed on the right side of my body (leg, arm, lower back, neck), and all my blood work was good. The EMG was done about 3-4 weeks into twitching. I recently got a second opinion from a different neurologist, and the exam was normal (reflexes,strength, Babinski). The doctor believes it's bfs. I was extremely anxious before the muscle twitching started but after reading about muscle twitching and ALS I can't get it out of my head. I have read the stickies. Prior to this I was on a really strict diet and I was taking a bunch of caffeine daily for workouts and Benadryl to sleep at night for months. I have stopped all of that since this began. What are your thoughts on this? I had other symptoms such as headaches and shaking but that has gone away.

Would the EMG have picked up ALS if that's what is causing my twitching?

Does this sound like als?

1) Yes.
2) No.

Props for getting off the caffeine/Benadryl carousel -- you have improved your health. Eat what works for you and find what takes you outside yourself (nature, volunteering, meditation, hanging w/ friends, etc.) to improve your anxiety. If none of that works well enough to quell your fear, you might consider counseling and/or anti-anxiety drugs down the line.

Best,
Laurie

Worrywort3, pretty much as your first thread, other than you have had an EMG and it was normal. Apparently not accepting the results you sought a second opinion. It appears the second opinion concurred with the first. BFS.

So... Laurie (Igelb) pretty much gave you the best advice to wrap this thread up. :)

Laurie,

Thank you for the fast response. I forgot to mention, I also fatigue very easily. Being that I have going through this for 5-6 months now, would I of had some clinical weakness at this point if it were als? I'm still quite strong, I just "feel" weak and twitch a lot. I also get achy muscles throughout my body randomly. Its redlly odd because even though I feel weak, I am the strongest I've ever been as far as weight lifting goes.

Okay guys, I won't turn into one of the anxious posters and waste anyone's time. Thank you very much for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back