00/0000
Country
US
State
MA
City
Hanson
Hi Folks,
The past 16 months have been a challenge for me. I had not been able to get a diagnosis during that time. I had many symptoms that presented to be similar to ALS symptoms - calf atrophy, twitching, abnormal emg, etc. My neurologist would not diagnosis me with ALS, nor would he rule it out. As we all know, living with the uncertainty is very scary.

Anyway, I recall in one of my posts from a while back that I was asked to come back and post when I learned for sure what was going on with me. I had a neurologist appointment on Thursday and the doctor said, "You do not have ALS" to me. Obviously, this was music to my ears. He thinks I have a dhmn that is linked to one of the CMT varieties.

I'm posting today because I want to alert everyone that you can have symptoms that mirror ALS and you can have an abnormal emg without having ALS. There are so many possibilities for your doctors to consider. So for those of you who are unsure, please do not despair. Live your life as best you can, stay positive, and stay optimistic. Don't give up!

Best wishes and good luck to all of you.... Jon

Jon, thanks for returning to let us know. Best wishes

Good to hear, Jon. Thanks for checking back and all the best.

--Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back