25 year old male with twitches that started in arm and spread to legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

running1203

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Minnesota
City
Minneapolis
Hello,

Hey folks. I'm a 25 year old male and on Sunday August 12 is when my twitching began. It was very intense and in my left tricep, but also happened in my shoulder. It was very nonstop. It went away the following Monday and Tuesday, and finally went away since on Wednesday (the last day of it). However now since last Friday I am getting twitches (less intense, but still noticeable) in both legs (mostly left though) in my thighs, calves, around the ankles, etc. Every once in awhile I will get one somewhere else in my body, but that's rare.
Does this sound like possible ALS related twitching or more like BFS related twitching to you?
For what it's worth I don't have any noticeable weakness.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

I had twitching all yesterday with quite bad twitching after I went to bed. I do not have ALS, but my husband does. He almost never twitches.

Did you read the sticky before posting? If so, you would have found your answer in the sticky. If not, read the sticky. That should ease your mind enough to answer any and all questions you may have going forward.

Take care

Last edited:
Just a note... they used to be called "Stickies". Now it is "Important" top of the page above any new thread. :)

Hey bud- looking over your posting history, it sounds like you have been answered a few months ago- and assured it did not sound like ALS at that time. Have you gone to a doctor to hunt down the causes of your symptoms? If you have not, please do so. Twitching is about as common as having a cough. It would be more constructive to visit with a doctor instead of posting on a forum. Particularly as you have been told you don't belong on an ALS forum (which is excellent news).

Hey bud- looking over your posting history, it sounds like you have been answered a few months ago- and assured it did not sound like ALS at that time. Have you gone to a doctor to hunt down the causes of your symptoms? If you have not, please do so. Twitching is about as common as having a cough. It would be more constructive to visit with a doctor instead of posting on a forum. Particularly as you have been told you don't belong on an ALS forum (which is excellent news).

Hey there. I had just posted a few days ago not months. The reason I posted again was because of the new symptoms and I'm not sure what it means.
I have made an appointment, and am a few weeks out. I had twitching in my left tricep which went away but now have regular twitching every minute in my calves and thighs. Much more subtle than the one in my tricep and I'm not sure if this is normal for a 25 year old or if it's possible ALS presents itself in this way? Just looking for advice as to whether these new symptoms are most likely benign or possibly ALS.

You're right. Thanks for the correction. I realize the thread was closed due to one of the moderators considering the thread had gone on long enough.

Please report back after you've seen the doctor. Again, twitching is not indicative of anything. You were assured of that in your last thread. The same stands for your new twitches. Please do not continue to post about twitches or new symptoms- keep a record to bring to your doctor, who can observe and conduct other tests during your appointment. You have been reassured before and haven't believed the experienced folks here. Instead, you started an entirely new thread.

Hey there. I do trust the opinions of people here which is why I am asking this question. My symptoms have changed so I wanted to try to find out an answer for my new question: Does ALS ever start with twitching in one muscle, stop twitching in that muscle and move on to another area of the body without ever twitching in the previous area again? I'm trying to find out if my twitching is more aligned with BFS or ALS.
Thanks for the reply.

Hey there. I do trust the opinions of people here which is why I am asking this question. My symptoms have changed so I wanted to try to find out an answer for my new question: Does ALS ever start with twitching in one muscle, stop twitching in that muscle and move on to another area of the body without ever twitching in the previous area again? I'm trying to find out if my twitching is more aligned with BFS or ALS.
Thanks for the reply.

No.

Good luck

Don't open another thread without new symptoms

closing thread

Seriously, twitching is not indicative of ALS unless it's ALSO accompanied by a whole host of other issues. Please do not continue asking about twitching, twitches that stop and start, twitches that move around, and so on.

Please do not post again until after you have seen a doctor. Your questions about twitching have been answered multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back