Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Us
State
CA - California
City
San Francisco
Not sure if they will let me post, because they deleted my comment like that once, but they closed my thread and i dont want to make a new one
So i think this is the best thread to ask my question
I am a 20 year old male with no known family history
I've had some twitches in june-july period, was really worried and created a thread where ive been told the usual thing "doesnt sound like ALS go to your PCP"
So i did and she told me that since my twitches are all over the place, im fine and its stress related. I have been stressed out a lot since then.
I decided that alright, whatever and went on with my life, twitches stayed on for a while. At some point i either got used to and stopped noticing them or they decreased. I also had a few bulbar symptoms in june which are gone now for sure and balance problems which are at least decreased
A bit after that i noticed a weird sensation in my hands. When i type and when i hold something, the objects feel weird in my hands. It seems like the fingers are laying differently although i can't see or tell what makes it so. When i look at my hands with objects they may or may not look odd, because i dont know how would i do something before. Like for example i hold my phone in my one hand and my fingers look and feel odd while doing that, and its not like there is some way i was able to hold it that i cant do no more, it just feels odd.
Now the twitching is back (i am still very stressed out too) still generalized. And when i try to measure my muscles they feel different. Fingers on my left hand seem to have less "meat" at some places, although they are still quite workable. I can unscrew the non-super tight bottle cup with my pinky and a thumb and all, but you know what i mean. Same thing with my calf musicles, the left one seems smaller. When i stand on my feet they kinda match up a bit more. when i try to look at them, i still cant tell, one time i can see the difference, one time its harder
I know that measuring my muscles myself is not the best idea, and we are not perfect physically especially when it comes down to our main hands and feet.
But should i maybe again consider getting an EMG (which my PCP told me not to bother with) or should i just forget about it as my age, the fact that the patterns change and that i have more "feels" than "reals" point away from als?
Thank you!

Mod note: Moved to own thread. Please do not post on another's thread.

If you'd read and follow the rules, posts don't get deleted...

You had bulbar symptoms that "went away"?? You are a medical miracle! (hint: ALS symptoms do NOT go away!!)

Twitching doesn't count, and NO ONE is symmetrical.

You should work on the anxiety, tho. That's much more likely to be your problem than ALS! Seriously.

EDIT and it appears you've been told this before, along with a warning that you were wasting our time.
So: please go visit a health anxiety forum, you STILL don't belong here!

Closing thread. If you post again with these non-ALS symptoms, you will be banned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back