00/0000
Country
ES
State
AN
City
Sevilla
Hi I'm a 27 years old men.
First of all I want to apollogise for my english level ( I'm not native).

I have been suffering fasciculations for 4 months, its started as an sporadic isue and crampings when I made sport. I went to the pcp and he ordered blood tests where everething was fine. So he referred me to the neurologist.

He made me a full body exploration and found that everything was fine, unless a hot spot in my left foot arch( this one have never stop in this 4 months). He ordered and EMG and put me on treatment with gabapentin that finish with my cramps problems.

The EMG were perform in my left leg, fine result except my arch twiching. The fasciculations spread to other parts of my body and I think because this I started to feel anxiety and my hands started to shake so I had a second EMG, NCV and shaking register full body performed (doctor try to reasured my worries), again everything fine except foot arch. So I returned home relax. The doctor said they are benings.

The last weeks my twiches has increased. The fasciculations on my calf are continious like my feet, in my arms, chest, face, neck and stomach I can feel them every hour. And I have started to feel pain in my calf sometimes like a burning sensation others like needles.

-I have two questions after this long explanation.
1. If anyone can say to me any medication to reduce my twichings in order to eliminate my calf pain. My neurologist increased my gabapentin dosis but it don't work.
2. I haven't been tested for bulbar onset and I have small problems when I speak. Not so hard and they are not continous and started long time ago. But now I pay more attention to it.

Thanks for your help and sorry to put another thread about twich but I think it is an irrational fear when you read ALS and twich

Your English is good, Ormar.

So are you. There is no reason to think about ALS.

Tell your MD family doctor about your anxiety. You'll be fine.

Thanks for your reply mike.
The doctor is following my case monthly, next week I have an apointment, and I will said to him that the treatment is not working. Anyone have experience with a treatment that could works with twiching?.
I need to stop them, I feel pain in my calf and it suck.
The doctor said textually, "I have seen bening twiching before, but not so hard". I think it is the reason to follow me each month.
Thanks for any help.

Your problem is twitching, which is usually caused by anxiety and stress.

Sometimes the cure is to drink electrolytes.

A doctor should know.

Look on the web for discussion of BFS--benign fasciculation syndrome.

Good luck.

Things that will help with twitching
1. Address your stress/anxiety
2. Get good hydration from WATER
3. Eat plenty of fruit and veggies to make sure electrolytes are balanced
4. Take a magnesium supplement
5. Avoid caffeine (coffee, tea, soda)
6. Get exercise

Thanks for your help,
I will follow your list and try to dismiss my stress.
But I am not very confident in just change my life style I think that I need medical help.
I will not disturb you more. Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back