Other
Country
SPA
State
Madrid
City
Madrid
Hi everyone,
After 1 year suffering worrisome symptoms that could be linked with ALS, I have took a clinical neuro exam without any patological reflexes and without clinical weakness.
On the other hand, I keep on cycling (journeys of 82 km at 22kmh in average) and running (in spite of my right leg weakness): For example my running workout was to cover 5 kms (in flat) in 24 mins.
My questions (it would be very appreciated if you could provide answers according to your personal experience) are the following ones:
- Any of you (for whom the diagnosis process took a long time) was able to perform physical activity similar to the one described above 1 year after onset?
- Any of you received a regular/normal neuro exam/assesment 1 year after first theorical symptoms?
- Do you think that on the worst scenario where I was finally diagnosed with ALS my current physical abilities could be link with a better "prognosis"? or, otherwise, do you think that the "ALS" evolution is not linear and physical strenght/abilities could suddenly fall down?
Thank you in advance for your support!
My best wishes for all of you.
Regards.

hi
My diagnosis took from Jan 2015 to June 2016

Answers in order
No way within 1 I couldn't drive and was unable to walk more than 100 yards
No neuro exams abnormal
Everyone is different with progression.

If you don't have clinical weakness or neuro exam abnormalities it's unlikely to be als.

I hope that helps and you find some answers soon

Wendy

Really? You bike 82 km and run 5k? I had 3 years of testing. NEVER did I have a normal. Stop bugging sick people. You obviously have way too much time on your hands. Please find some other thing to obsess over You don't have ALS.
Vincent

Marius.
My diagnosis took about a year.
I was never big on the exercising. I couldn't have done your routine at the BEST of times.
But, my progression has been slow. I continued my normal routines, but with cheats. For example, at work I didn't write reports, I did them on the computer. I still drive, one handed. Instead of an XL coffee, I drink a medium.
For me, it's always been about finding ways to compensate for parts that don't work. With your 5K run and 82 km bike ride, I don't read ALS in your post.

Be well

Angie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back