Other
Country
Uk
State
SOUTH YORKSHIRE
City
sheffield
Hi there
Just wondered if I could get some advice I started about 6 months ago with problems wiggling my fingers on my left hand when I stretch my arm out in front of me it is also weak and shaking when doing this the muscle in my arm also started aching from time to time and is tight .I have now this week started with tight muscle in my left calf pain in my ribs on the left side and twitching on the left side of my mouth while smiling, im also getting a strange sensation in my throat like a crunching when I swallow. Did any of you experience any symtoms like this before your diagnosis I know I'm probably being paranoid but I'm getting worried thanks in advance for any replies.

That is a lot of symptoms for six months, and all on one side. Consulting with a physician is the only way to go to differentiate where there might be an actual problem. Meanwhile, the obvious question is if you sleep on your L side and whether you need a new mattress. As you will have read here, the odds very much favor your not having an MND.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks for the reply my gp is referring me to see a physio so hopefully I might get some answers just a bit concerned about the hand as I sometimes drop things and it shakes after I use it a lot hopefully it's a trapped nerve.

I don't really tend to sleep on anyone side I turn a lot one minute I'm on my left then my right or even on my back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back