Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New Jersey
City
Trenton
So for the past month or so I have had some small pain in my right calf. Usually when I am sitting down I get up to walk around the pain is in my right calf and it goes away once I take a few steps. I am guessing this could be a strain but I worry this is a cramp.

Yesterday I was laying on my bed for about 2 hours taking a nap. When I woke up I was laying down and did a stretch of my entire body and I got a really bad leg cramp. Like I could barely stand on my leg. The ball of muscle returned to normal but the pain in my calf got worse. I don't really have any weakness other than the weakness the pain causes. I might attribute this to not stretching well enough at the gym on Wednesday.

I read the forum stickies and while I don't have any weakness my pain is attributed to the cramps. I have read cramps are an early symptom of ALS and I also have muscle twitching body wide.

I might go to a doctor if this keeps getting worse. However I have had leg cramps before but this time it worries me just a bit.

Do I have anything to worry about in this regard?

Thank you.

No. No reason whatsoever to jump to a fatal disease from benign, and pretty common issues. Occasional cramps and twitching are so common that they are not diagnostic of anything. No need to worry about ALS.
Tracy

Thanks Tracy for the fast reply. I was worried because all this seemed local to my right leg. I knew someone much older than me who passed of als and he said they had muscle cramps. I am 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back