Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Massachusetts
City
Boston
My son is 13 and has had some weird symptoms. Here's a list and explanations:
Urination: he has the urge to pee a lot but says it doesn't bother him when he doesn't think about but he thinks about it all the time
Breathing: He has breathing problems trying to sleep but says again only when he thinks about it. It also started the night he had a panic attack about his health
Minor twitching
Great hypochondriac also
He tells me he think he has als but it just doesn't sound like als but I've heard all stories are different
It's started about 6 1/2 months ago with no progression

ALS would not be a concern with a 13 yr old. Please take your child to a doctor and let them go through a review of his history and careful assessment of his presenting symptoms. It's important to get his health concerns addressed, as worry can really affect a kid's approach to school and social life in a negative way. I will happily tell you that this is not the place for you or your son, but please make sure he gets medical attention to make sure his symptoms (not ALS) are not something in need of treatment or further exploration.

Best wishes

Thank you @shiftkicker his medical diagnosis was just being a hypochondriac and he seems pretty good now 😀👍

He now has a lot of mucus in throat and clears it a lot me and him are worried again any advice would help my boy

("He now has a lot of mucus in throat and clears it a lot me and him are worried again any advice would help my boy.")

Take him to a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back