Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
FL
City
Ocala
Sorry I hadn't logged in for some time. Original thread here:
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-cramps-maybe-some-foot-drop-suggestions.html

Mods please combine it back if possible.:mrgreen: <Sorry. See my post below. --mod>

My neurologist was not able to perform a lower EMG since it had been done in the last 12 months. I would have to pay for it out of pocket.

For around 6-8 weeks, my thigh pain and exercise intolerance went back to 60-70% normal. Unfortunately, it's back again for about the last month or so. Of course, I was doing my best when I finally got into my new neuro :roll:
Deep, deep ligament and bone pain. Still having small fasciculations (mostly legs, but still some forearm/shoulder/neck, but I just ignore them. This bone pain is very hard to ignore, though. I'm planning on lining up a visit with my GP in 2 weeks or so.

I do get some minor relief from rubbing my sciatic bundles in my buttocks, so I might follow that path to see if that is an issue.

Along the neurological issues possibly related to my neck injury, I can repeatedly make my arms and pectoral muscles twitch by stretching my neck. Always in the exact same muscle groups. There is certainly some kind of pressure going on in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello again, Ocala.

Just two notes and a question:
I didn't revive your old thread because of the length of your posts. For Persons with ALS (PALS), long posts are difficult to read. For non-PALS, they can follow the link.
Your posts indicate much discomfort and pain. But you're short on true, clinical weakness (the permanent inability to move a muscle, typically a foot or hand muscle).
What result did you get from your most recent neurology appointment?

MyDecember1985, here it is. As you posted...

("For around 6-8 weeks, my thigh pain and exercise intolerance went back to 60-70% normal. Unfortunately, it's back again for about the last month or so")

Don't worry about ALS... nothing somewhat recovers or comes and goes.

Finally...

("Along the neurological issues possibly related to my neck injury, I can repeatedly make my arms and pectoral muscles twitch by stretching my neck.")

"... by stretching my neck."

ALS fasciculation doesn't work that way.

If your Neurologist had any concern/indication of the slightest presence of ALS indicators from your EMG he could request an exception to the 12 month insurance policy for a sooner follow up EMG. It could end up in litigation if they denied. Apparently your EMG gave him zero concern related to ALS.

Thanks for opening this back up. I am not convinced I have ALS. I am sure there is some sciatica or some other neurological issue.

I was simply replying to give an update on the current status and that my Dr isn't really concerned with ALS. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. Too often, these threads die out without the OP coming back to let everyone know the outcome/diagnosis of what they were facing. For those that have health anxiety, seeing a story that may relate to their symptoms may give them some consolation instead of constantly fearing that ALS is on the horizon.

I have a general practitioner appt in 2 weeks to address this horrible thigh and hip burning/nerve issue.

God Bless and I apologize for the length.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back