Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
TR
State
Istanbul
City
Istanbul
Hello everyone, 28 year old female, I started twitching all over my body when I first read als symptoms, I went to a nero and he did an emg and it was clear, after 3 months, one day I started to twitch again and that time I had no als fear, I went to ny nero again and it was clear too, 2 days before I was eating bread without anything with it, I swallow rapidly and it felt like it stucked in my throat, then I panicked and focussed on my bulbar area :( I can move my tongue around my mouth and I swallow liquids and the others well, but when I'm in prolonged conversations it feels like my mouth is tired and somewhere in my mouth is aching, I can move my tongue rapidly from left to right, I have no speech problems but this tired feeling? I lost my family due to diffirent ilnesses and I have no family, I'm always in constant fear :( my last emg was 15 days agı, if I had bulbar als, would it had been shown 15 days ago? Because I had no tired feeling 15 days ago :(

It is highly, highly unlikely you have multiple clean EMGs and any cause for concern about ALS. It sounds to me like you are in a bundle of anxiety. Try some rest, relaxation, good nutrition and hydration. If that does not help tLk to your Doctor about everything you are feeling, including anxiety.

It is highly, highly unlikely you have multiple clean EMGs and any cause for concern about ALS. It sounds to me like you are in a bundle of anxiety. Try some rest, relaxation, good nutrition and hydration. If that does not help tLk to your Doctor about everything you are feeling, including anxiety.
if I had als, would it had been shown 15 days ago's emg? Because I had'nt had this tiredness 15 days ago :(

Do I have to take an emg again this week ? :(

No you do not. My clinic , when following people who have abnormal but not diagnostic eMGs that are suspicious for ALS, uses intervals of 3-6 months.and Yours were normal. Don't waste your time or money. See an internal medicine doctor if you are concerned

Thanks Nikki? So could stress effect tongue? Because it's a very strong muscle :(

If you are really concerned about your tongue you could ask your Neuro about having an EMG on your tongue and jaw muscles. Yes, they can do one there. Have at it...:)

Or, trust what you've been told above.

If you are really concerned about your tongue you could ask your Neuro about having an EMG on your tongue and jaw muscles. Yes, they can do one there. Have at it...:)

Or, trust what you've been told above.
I had already had an emg on my tongue :(

Ok, as you wrote.

" I can move my tongue around my mouth and I swallow liquids and the others well, but when I'm in prolonged conversations it feels like my mouth is tired and somewhere in my mouth is aching, I can move my tongue rapidly from left to right, I have no speech problems but this tired feeling?"

With that... a Neuro prompted the need for a tongue EMG?

It don't work that way... in the real world of Neurology. Please give us the summary or impressions of the results. If you don't have them at this time... please don't post again until you do.

Did you ever get one of those notes from school saying someone in your child's class has head lice. Your immediate response is to scratch your own head. You're probably scratching now. This is the same sort of thing, you read about ALS and now you're paranoid about twitching. Everybody twitches. Twitching on its own means nothing. Unless you have something that does not work, you can relax. 2 clean EMGs, I wish.
Vincent

By the time my husband had a tongue EMG he was all but diagnosed with ALS.

You are good to gonif all this was normal. Forget ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back