Country
Us
State
New jersey
City
Turnersville
Hi
I'm 46 years old and have had some things happen that I dismissed due to my age

For about six months or so, I wake up in the middle of the night choking, not just cough but choking on what feels like saliva , I've woken my hub and up from in the other room in doing so because it was that loud and long , so I dismissed as acid reflux but no burning feeling

I've been having trouble swallowing and with throat hoarseness so going to thyroid dr for that but that's been occurring as well as having trouble speaking without hoarness and or clearing throat first. But going again to see if thyroid related,

Next I've been falling down steps lately , a few time over last six maybe!? Not 100% sure when that began it feels like my foot won't lift high enough to clear the steps.

Next, my right leg has been freezing or locking in a bent position and have to force it out straight, that's been going on for a few months and again dismissed it as arthritis or something .

Now, just recently my thumb is twitching and that's the last thing to occur that finally made me think perhaps something is going on that's not all from getting older.

Just looking for feedback and not freakimg out or anything , just wondering or trying to see if it's worthy of a visit to neuro or pcp.

Thanks everyone I appreciate it

Dawn

If you have multiple symptoms that have been going on for weeks and months that are causing you issues like falling then of course you should see a doctor and your pcp is the correct person for the initial assessment.

You are describing a lot of symptoms scattered all over which is not generally the way ALS starts but your pcp can examine you and make a plan how to figure this out.

Please let us know what the outcome is

Thank you, I will see pcp. I really am sorry for bothering everyone on here but was getting a little worried but perhaps it will just be indigestions, and old age lol. The choking was bothering me the most as it comes in night without reason that I know of right now so off I will go to pcp. Thanks for taking the time and I hope everyone on here is doing ok as can be with this disease process.
Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back