Other
Country
UK
State
Merseyside
City
Liverpool
Hi everyone,

I am starting to severely worry about a new found body issue which I only discovered last night.

The right side of my body seems to have a very noticeable dent/wastage on the right side of my body compared to my left (the attachment shows it reversed due to the mirror).

I had a previous panic a few months back with my arm/upper back where my arm was clean after an EMG but with the side of the body I am really struggling to believe it is not ALS. It feels smaller and less full than the left side and I'm really worried.

I don't really know how to strength test this area. I went to the doctor and she said she doesn't 'think' that it's atrophy but how can it not be? Look at the difference.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Ben

Attachments

• IMG_5813.jpg
    IMG_5813.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 556
Ben, people on the internet really can't provide you the proper physical assessment you are asking of them. A doctor or therapist has to conduct a baseline assessment of your particulars, and then proceeded to measure change over time.

Go back to your doctor, show them your physique and request they measure now, and then return in a month to measure any change. You can do this with a physio too. Real atrophy from motor neuron disease is detectable via EMG because the muscles are not getting the nerve signals they need and they atrophy. If you have an obvious change, your doctor will see that.

This is not something people here can do for you. Nor can you strength test yourself. Nor can you test your own reflexes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back