Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Orlando
So I have had a "pain syndrome" since 2014-2015 in both my arms and I got everything tested for and everything seemed fine. I believe they checked for ALS, Cancer, Carpal Tunnel, etc. They didn't find anything wrong.

I have recently been having a weird feeling in my upper left arm/hand and left knee area. It is not of numbness necessarily, but it just feels like a blunt pain from time to time and that it is much lighter (which leads me to think that it isn't ALS because a lot of people seem to mention that their limbs feel heavier, but I would at least like someone to talk to which is why I made this). I imagine my knee is because I walk 10+ miles a day and stand up for 8-14 hours a day, and as for my leg, it is only around my knee. I don't have foot drop and my finger tap test is about 70-80+ for 10 seconds on both hands. I do not really have any other symptoms but because of my intense hypochondria, I always think I have something wrong. I feel like it may be Carpal Tunnel this time because I spend so much time on my computer and on my phone and I do not use the correct posture, so that my be the issue but that is aside the point. I had a MRI done a few weeks ago and they only found a small non-cancerous cyst in my sinuses which has been part of the cause of my headaches.

I'm just wondering if you guys think I have ALS or if it is probably just something else.

Thank you so much.

edit: Also, I should mention that I lost 60 pounds last year but gained 50 of it back and I had none of these recent issues before I gained it all back, so I'm thinking being 75-100 pounds overweight may be the cause as well. The left side of my body tends to be a lot colder than the right side so it may have something to do with circulation.

It also feels like it is more in my bones than in my muscles, but I am not sure about that.

Last edited:
Please. Your admitted hypochondria and the fact you have obviously not read the "READ BEFORE POSTING" thread at the top of this subforum makes it really difficult to respond to you with patience and empathy.

I will ask you if you are aware that the folk here are real and not an online anxiety resource? They are struggling with a serious and terminal disease and are here to support each other and share experience as they slowly lose their ability to control their own muscles. It takes a lot of energy and effort to respond to people who casually ask if they have ALS based on symptoms that are not indicative of ALS/MND.

Please go back to your doctor and ask them what the problem is and make sure you get help with your anxiety. The folks here are not able to help you with your symptoms.

Last edited:
I did read the "read before posting" thread, it's just that I don't have many to talk to and this is what I found. I do apologize if I offend(ed) anyone.

I think you probably need to lose weight, eat healthy food, and see someone for your anxiety.

Please don't post anymore on this forum. People here are dying.

Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back