Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Us
State
California
City
Gardena
Hi guys. I'm a 31 year old male here who has been physically active throughout my life. A few days ago I woke up with limited strength in both of my hands and legs. Is it possible to have all limbs affected at once? Prior to this I did not have any noticeable symptoms. My right calf was in pain every step yesterday but has improved today. I've noticed the main problem is I'm having trouble flexing the calf and forearm muscles. Sorry maybe I'm just reading too much into symptoms as I can't set an appointment for a neurologist until Tuesday.

Last edited:
ALS is not on the radar here. There are so many things that can affect strength- starting from sleeping in the wrong position. I'd check in with a physio to make sure your body mechanics are in alignment and you don't have a pinched nerve somewhere.

Thanks for the response. I'm definitely going to get checked out. Is is possible with als to have both legs and arms all affected as a first symptom ?

ALS does not present as weakness in all four limbs at one time, suddenly one morning. That kind of scenario suggests systemic illness, so I would make your first stop an internist.

Best,
Laurie

I have never heard of that, no.
Let us know how your doctor's appointment goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back