Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
POL
State
Poland
City
Poland
Can someone explain me why conduction velocity of the nerves differ significantly from each other in my exam(Axillary, Ulnar and Median in wrist segment and Ulnar above albow). Numbers are not filled in but you can easly count that Axillary nerve conducts with velocity of 42 m/s. Also amplitude in Axillary is a bit low. Neuro said tat everything is fine, nothing abnormal.

Attachments

• 20170516_182858-1651x1238.jpg
    20170516_182858-1651x1238.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 392
I doubt anyone here is really qualified to reply to your request. Some may give it a try but... as you wrote, "Neuro said that everything is fine, nothing abnormal." (?)

Yes but I still have some strange symtoms. I feel weakness in my neck on the left side and in my left arm. During workout my left deltoid i getting weaker after sometime. I have feeling that i cant contract the muscle as much as the right deltoid. I also feel that my left shoulder is lower than right, propably becouse lower muscle tone in my neck and left side of shoulder girdle. The recovery of left deltoid is also much longer. In fact it is noticable smaller the the right deltoid. I had EMG of deltoid and is abnormal, but Neuro said that it looks like primary myogenic damage. There were no signs of denervation and fascies. My right leg alse feels stiff, but Conduction in motor neurons is perfectly fine, needle test of Gastrocnemius muscle is also fine. I don't now what to do. Neurologists says that Neurological problem is rather excluded. I am repeating my EMG of left deltoid in 10 days.
If Upper Motor Neuron is a bit damaged, will it be visible in EMG? My right leg feel stiff, it is not the same as it was before. My problem lasts about 4 months. My Patellar reflexys are brisk but symetric.

Last edited:
Peter, your descriptive vocabulary is above average but as you wrote, "If Upper Motor Neuron is a bit damaged, will it be visible in EMG? Answer... no.

You also wrote, " The recovery of left deltoid is also much longer." With ALS or PLS the muscles do not recover from weakness. In over all review of your post above I believe the last thing on your Neurologists mind is ALS.

Finally, also as your wrote, "Neurologists says that Neurological problem is rather excluded.

As others may suggest... maybe seek a second opinion. But, my suggestion... let go of the ALS/MND concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back