Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Nova Scotia
City
Halifax
Hello everyone. I'll keep this short.

For the last week I've been experiencing a twitching in my thumb. Seems to be the muscle in between the thumb and index finger. It isn't constant, and only happens after the muscle is flexed or irritated in some way. When I hold my thumb into the palm of my hand for instance. I've been driving myself crazy thinking about this so I would appreciate any thoughts that anyone has. Truly, your input is invaluable right now.

Thank you in advance.

Hi
There is a sticky at the top of the forum called Read before posting. You should find it really reassuring. Twitching can be caused by many things so on it's own it's not diagnostic of als. If you are concerned the best thing to do is see your doctor.

Good luck
Wendy

Thank you for the response, Wendy. I've read basically everything there is to read online regarding the onset of symptoms, but the mentions of twitching it incredibly vague. I know it could be a million different things, and I'm trying to get an appointment with a doctor to help determine what it might be. Since it only twitches when flexed (it basically cramps my thumb into place for a second, twitching it, and then lets go), does that sound like ALS to you? Again, thank you so much for your time. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate it.

That's ok
No it doesn't sound like als to me, als is really about clinical weakness loss of ability to do things rather than twitching.

Wendy

Thank you for helping. You're such an amazing person to be dealing with your own struggles and then take on the struggles of panicking people online. I cannot thank you enough.

User banned. Multi ID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back