Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Saraota
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. Appreciate any insight you can provide.

I am a 39 year old male in good shape. For the past 6 weeks, I have had a weird feeling in both knees that is constant. It isn't pain. Just feels like my knees are sore and weak. "Tired Knees" if that is a medical term :). Sometimes it extends down the front of my leg as well. My lower back has been bothering me as well. I had X-Rays done on my knees and lower back. Normal. Blood Work is fine as well. I was a frequent exerciser but have not done as much lately due to the issue.

I have a bit of anxiety and of course think this may be the start of ALS. It is just such a weird feeling. It will not go away.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Visiting your doctor and continuing to work with them is your best bet. It's hard for someone here to give reasons for "weird knees" as you have noted. If you are concerned enough to post on an ALS forum, you should be working towards finding the cause of the feeling.

A physiotherapist is likely your best bet. They give a full physical assessment and provide a plan of exercises and stretching to alleviate whatever it is that's causing issues. If, after assessment and a few weeks of prescribed exercises, your symptoms do not improve, they can provide you detailed feedback and recommendations as to what steps to take next.

There's no reason whatsoever to think about ALS.

I agree with Mike, no ALS.
Al

Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback. Heading to an Ortho next week so maybe that will help shed some light on what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back