Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
IL
City
Albany
Well, you can see my previous posts to know my history.

I'm about 6 years since this fear started. I still twitch 24/7 in my calves and feet. I have for 6 year. No atrophy or weakness there.

My newest issues are the following:
-electric nerve pain on side of feet with movement or touch.
-feel as if I twitch all over
-shoulder blade area looks like I'm losing muscle when flexing. It indents more on the left. No issues with movement.

I don't know how to overcome this. I called and left a message with my neuro. Any insight? Thank you

have you read back over your old threads. You received kind and wise advice from members who have been gone so long most current PALS here never met them

You have apparently spent five years worrying about this. Twitching and " electric nerve pain" mean nothing in the context of ALS.

Have a doctor look at your shoulder. Perceived but unconfirmed " muscle loss" in one position/ movement without loss of strength seems unlikely to be significant either. Your doctor can assess this.

If / when you are cleared again please get long term help for your fears.

I don't think my neuro of the past six years will see me because of my past issues concerning my fear. Would a regular MD be good to check or a chiro? I will take your advice.

Go to your primary care doctor. Be honest about your history if s/he does not know it already.

Best of luck and a long happy life

What about hyperreflexia? I have that all over. It's been there for 6 years. My neuro knows this as well. Thank you!

Thanks for your response. What about me having hyperreflexia all over? I know it's been there since this all began. Just worried.

Hyperreflexia all over without other clinical findings is not considered significant as your neuro must have told you. Some people are just hyperreflexive and it is also a finding that is extremely common in anxiety. Please go to your pcp and ask for help.

Hyperflexia is not even considered an exam finding by some Doctors- it is so common and frequently comes and goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back