Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
BEDFORDSHIRE
City
BEDFORD
Afternoon all,

If a EMG, which was done 8 weeks ago and was clear/ normal, would it have picked up anything that could present itself now?

I say this as I was diagnosed with BFS, and I have noticed that my twitching has come back, quite possibly might be anxiety related?

Just wanted to know if EMG can pick up issues long before any physical symptoms?

Cheers

Mark

Wendy already told you it would show twice on your previous thread. See posts 11 and 16. It is also in the sticky

Yes my apologies, she did say that any abnormalities were picked up long before any physical symptoms, I guess I am being stupid and anxious in thinking that a clean/ normal EMG 8 weeks ago, somehow would manifest symptoms now.

I'm sorry to trouble again

Firstly I would like to apologise in advance for again posting on here, l have had input from a lot of people, but just feel that something ain't right.

10 weeks ago I was suffering from pain, twitches and for someone reason I convinced myself l had a Neurologic disorder. After having a normal EMG/NCS l was told l have BFS.

Fast forward 9 weeks later and I feel something ain't right, I was getting twitches in left arm, numbness came back in my left calf and foot. But the most worrying thing was that my left knee suddenly locked up, and it is painful now.

A quick question would this be weakness of the knee? And 10 weeks ago would the EMG not have picked it up? I saw my GP who again done a normal clinical exam, but I feel my knee for some reason ain't right.

Please forgive me in advance if I keep asking, but I am really worried again.

Mark

Re: I'm sorry to trouble again

Hi
Numbness points away from als, my experience of weakness onset wasn't pain or locking up. My right foot lost the ability to go on tiptoe. No numbness no pain no locking up, everything felt completely normal. The foot just wouldn't make that movement.
This is fairly typical of Als, what you are describing doesn't seem like that but if you are worried check it out with your doctor.

Wendy

Re: I'm sorry to trouble again

Yes Wendy thanks for your quick reply, it was just the quick sudden way that the knee locked up was suddenly thinking is this the meaning of weakness, I had a comprehensive EMG done recently and without being a expert on it, surely it would have picked up on the test. If I never went on the bloody Internet l probably wouldn't associate any issues with this illness.

A lesson that don't always believe what you read

Mark

Mark, a reminder to not open new threads unless an old thread has been closed. It makes it difficult for people to follow your posting history and provide informed advice.

Yes, didn't realise that I'm sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back